National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health

The National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health(NPWH) is an organization founded in 1980 who’s mission is to, ” assure the provision of quality health care to women of all ages by nurse practitioners”. This organization is regulated to six regions of the United States that includes the Southeast, South Central, North Atlantic, Great Lakes, and the West and also has connections to various universities including Missouri State and Vanderbilt. My scientist Dr. Nancy Wexler, as you all should be well aware of by now, is a neuropsychologist. As a neuropsychologist she researched the various genetic links to the neurological disorder Huntington’s disease. Dr. Wexler would not have joined this organization due to the fact that she is not a nurse practitioner. Furthermore,  she never worked in clinical settings, her research was performed inside labs.  I do believe though that she would vehemently agree with its principles, seeing as her mother, due to Huntington’s disease, was most likely placed under care whether in a hospital setting or at home frequently. I feel that Nancy must have attained a high sense of respect and appreciation towards health workers, and because of this experience she would therefore support the NPWH’s cause.